BOUSFIELD, Edward Albany E A
Private; Lance Corporal
21st Battalion, King's Royal Rifle Corps (C/12420); 2nd London Regiment, Royal Fusiliers (GS/92828)
Born in 1898, Edward was the eldest son of Isaac Bousfield (from Brough) and Mary (from Newbiggin). Isaac worked as a Shepherd. Edward had at least 8 brothers and sisters.
- Agnes A born c.1893 in Lunedale
- Frances Mary born c.1894 in Langleydale and Shotton, Staindrop
- Edward Albany born c. 1898 in Langleydale and Shotton, Staindrop
- John George born c. 1900 in Langleydale and Shotton, Staindrop
- Isabella Jane born c. 1903 in Staindrop
- Mary Doris born c. 1904 in Staindrop
- Alice Emily born c. 1909 in Cockfield
- Laura May born c. 1911 in Cockfield
Edward married Florence Robinson in 1918. It is believed that Edward died in 1973 aged 74.
1st April 1898
Township of Langleydale and Shotton, in the Parish of Staindrop
For comprehensive details of Edward's Military Service and sources for the information about Edward, go to thefallenservicemenofsouthwestcountydurham.com